Capping You may cap up to 2xs at our events per season. After this point you must become a member to continue. For more information please view our Rules and Regulations page.
National Bank - 06 0254 0001134 00
(Please use references as outlined for the event)
Dec 16th - Christmas Derby
Jan 13- mini Ode
15th to 18th Feb - Camp
11th Feb - Summer Members Training Ribbon Day
March - Jumping day
April/May TBC - DD4
June HAG Dressage
Christmas Derby Day
DATE: Saturday, 16 December 2017
VENUE: Greenhithe PC
TIME: 9am start (at 55cm)
COST: $25 per round, or $35 for two rounds, includes GF (additional $20 Capping fee if you are not currently a member)
ENTRIES CLOSE: Monday, 11 December 2017
INTERNET BANKING REFERENCE: (first initial.surname)(DBY)
ENTRIES/QUERIES: Hayley Drury - Hayley@wrc.org.nz
INFO:Click here: Draw-for-Christmas-Derby-16-December(1) to view the draw
To enter complete the WRC official entry form available on our website (Not FB page) and email to Hayley as stated above and make payment.
Classes (Max 2 – you may do two of the same class but round 2 is HC):
• Preintro - 55cm SJ, 55cm XC
• Preintro Extended - 60cm SJ, 55cm XC
• Intro - 65cm SJ, 65cm XC
• Intro Extended - 70cm SJ, 65cm XC
• Pretraining - 80cm SJ, 80cm XC
• Pretraining extended - 85cm SJ, 80cm XC
• Training - 95cm SJ, 95cm XC
• Training extended - 1m SJ, 95cm XC
Derbys are scored purely on time...
• Rail 4 seconds added to your time
• You can cross your line anywhere on course
• Refusals - no penalty but clock keeps ticking however for safety reasons - 3 refusals one fence = Elimination, 4 refusals on anywhere on course
• Fastest time wins
This will also be our Christmas event, which means goodie bags for all entrants and helpers! We will be after some helpers both on the day and also for setup the Friday night before.
Medical armbands to be worn by all riders on the day. Jackets, plaiting etc not required, casual wear ok, however please ensure suitable footwear and helmet, and back protector.
All entries received after midnight on the 11th will be consider a late entry and will go on a waiting list. They will also incur a $10 additional charge which must be paid before you receive your number
Waitemata Riding Club Camp
DATE: 15th to 18th Feb
VENUE: The Bunkhouse, Awhitu Peninsula
COST: Cost per person; 1 Night with grazing - $30 2 Nights with grazing - $60 3 Nights with grazing - $90 Family & friends of WRC members (over 21yrs) no grazing use - $15 per/night
ENTRIES: Mark Saxony
ENTRIES CLOSE: Once all spots are full
INTERNET BANKING REFERENCE: (first initial.surname)(CAMP)
National Bank - 06 0254 0001134 00
QUERIES: Mark Saxony
INFO: Full details can be found on the flyer here: Flyer link
Get away from the city and unwind at a private rural escape on a scenic 700-acre farm. Walk or ride your horse along the tracks or over the hills, enjoy the scenery, native birds and un-spoilt bush. The Bunkhouse was once a woolshed, now it’s a rural retreat offering traditional kiwi-holiday accommodation within an easy drive from Auckland city. Bring your own tent, sleep in your truck, your float, the bunkhouse or under the stars. This is an easy going self-catering holiday, Waitemata riding club members are sure to enjoy.
WRC organised activities;
Beach Ride Guided ride with Charlotte Kelly the land owner
Training Sessions Onsite coaching with a local coach (additional charge TBC)
Treasure Hunt Ride Fun ride for teams, following clues to win prizes.
Catering arrangements; This is a self-catering holiday, access to local shopping, bars, cafés etc. is limited. BYO favourite food, beer and wine.
Fridges, cooking and BBQ facilities are freely available for all to use at the Bunkhouse. Shared BBQ’s & dinning are planned and can/will be mutually agreed on the day
How to book:
- Download & complete the WRC entry form, be sure to tell us the dates you would like to book http://www.wrc.org.nz/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Entry-Form-PDF.pdf
- E-Mail your completed entry form to email@example.com
- Transfer $30 per/person non-refundable deposit into the WRC account, with the reference ‘Camp’
- Please note site numbers limited to 40 per/night, a reserve wait listing will be created